Our Early History

1909

  •  The existing assembly on Seymour Street establishes a new Gospel Hall in the Cedar Cottage area with 26 in fellowship.

1911

  • A larger Hall was built nearby on Welwyn Street for the Cedar Cottage assembly.
  • The Cedar Cottage assembly commends C. S. Summers to full-time service.

1913

  • The first Thanksgiving Bible Conference, which continues to the present.

1931

1950

  • The Cedar Cottage assembly has 175 members in fellowship
  • Thriving Sunday School work at a the Nanaimo Road Gospel Hall, still located on Nanaimo and 1st Ave.

1957

  • The Cedar Cottage assembly splits to become the Victoria Dive Gospel Hall, at it’s current location, and the Carleton Gospel Hall.

A broader history of assembly testimony in the city of Vancouver can be read  here.